Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Fwd: July 31 - To Niagara Falls, Canada











Our group started off late this morning with a destination of Niagara Falls only 40 miles away. Most of the route was on the Friendship Trail and after 24 miles we hungered for food. To our delight, we spotted an eye-appealing cafe and stopped for juice and crepes.

By mile 35 we had reached the falls and had to walk our bikes. The paths were full of tourists and difficult to maneuver around the groups. I think we spent at least an hour and a half at the falls just talking to people, taking photos and asking any passerby to take photos of us. One professional photographer from Italy took our picture with Minion and promised to email the image when he returns home next month.

A young man noticed our bicycles and all the commotion around us and asked if he could borrow my pump to inflate the tires on his stroller. Of course, I volunteered to do this for him. I've never completed this kind of roadside assistance before!

3 comments:

  1. More crepes! I wish I could get some here. I enjoyed taking the boat under the Falls; got soaked. Worth it. Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the photos and comments! I look forward to checking it every evening. I will miss you and Ziva this weekend in Shenandoah Valley. Much smaller group than WVA, some of same WIers. Stay safe@

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having a great time! Enjoy those crepes!

    ReplyDelete