Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 18 - To Baraboo, WI






Today's 76 mile ride with heat index of over 100 was strenuous. Most of the ride was on trails and the Elroy-Sparta trail had three tunnels. The longest tunnel, almost a mile, was cooling and a relief from the heat.

I previously showed a photo of the O and OO County road signs in Wisconsin. Today I found the best one!

At mile 70 we visited the International Crane Foundation and learned a lot about the whooping crane, a bird threatened to be extinct and now totals only 400 in the United States.

Today I'm proudly wearing the biking shirt created for me by the Parkinson's Foundation and want to thank my donors for their contributions. Each day we are receiving more donations and the total is topping $4,000.

1 comment:

  1. $4,000! Wow, that's fantastic. Drink lots of water in that heat. Later--Lee

    ReplyDelete