Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday, July 14 to Frontenac, MN






A few miles out of Northfield I spotted these cow sculptures. I assume the real cows must be here somewhere in Minnesota!

Along the road Nancy found Minion of Despicable Me fame and I volunteered to take him with me all the way to Boston. Minion reminded me of Flat Stanley, a book character that my grandson Brian asked me to carry on my daily journeys. I remember carrying Flat Stanley in my back pocket on the C&O canal in Maryland.

For twenty miles we cycled on the Cannon Valley Trail. We were very lucky because in the area where we were riding, one hour later, the trail was flooded as the banks overflowed. Todd, one of our riders who had detoured this morning, actually rode through the flooded trail. He thought the water was about 18 inches high but just kept going very slowly.  Our arrival at Villa Maria in the afternoon completed the 51 mile ride for the day. The Villa was established in 1877 by the Ursuline Order of Catholic nuns and was a school for girls for 100 years.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like lots of fun. Say hi to the bikers I know and happy Trails. k

    ReplyDelete