Monday, July 8, 2013

What a great Birthday!



I needed to complete packing for the trip on my birthday, take my mom out to lunch, and find shoes for her before leaving for my cycling adventure from Minneapolis to Boston.

I was delighted to watch Michele encourage my mom to exercise her legs and mom slowly following directions even though this exhausted her. The right leg has been greatly affected by her stroke. Later, I could not believe that I saw. Mom used her walker and took real steps across the room and into the hallway. The "trip" was perhaps only a short 18 feet but a milestone for her.

Today there was no time to officially celebrate with a birthday cake but it didn't matter. My gift was being with my mom. The years have gone by quickly and fortunately l just don't feel like I just turned 68. Of course, when I look around and see my three grown and married children, my five grandchildren, and my mom at age 94, I know the years have passed and I feel blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. Have a great ride! Will be thinking of you guys, Happy Trails, K

    ReplyDelete