Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 23 - Rest Day in Quebec City



Our first two week loop of the trip totaling 725 miles is complete,.

This morning we had to say goodbye to many riders - Sharon, Al, Chuck, Dick, Hope, Bill, and Ziva - and our first sag team, Barbara and Troy.
Dick, our oldest rider at age 76, decided to cycle back to his home in Vermont. I only wish I will be as strong and as adventuresome as he is when I reach the same age.

This morning I went to the Apple store with Margaret.  After almost two weeks without a phone, an Apple techie fixed my iPhone in only a few minutes.  I was elated because I could now communicate with fellow riders on the route in case of an emergency and use my camera again.

In the afternoon we went to the old section of the city to search for the bicycle shirt I had admired in a shop window at the beginning of our trip. The shirt fit and was a must purchase as a memory of the special time we have had here.  Since the shirt was made here, the owner of the shop volunteered to have it shortened and sent directly to my home.

Our day ended at a Moroccan restaurant and a savory plate of vegetable couscous.

The European allure of the city that I loved on my first visit in 1967 still exists for me.  Martin and I had driven here after Expo 67 in Montreal.  I remember eating the most delicious hamburger in my life at a local French cafe and relished the thought of more french cuisine on our visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment