Friday, July 18, 2014

July 17 - To Rose de Nord


This morning we discovered we had to cycle only 35 miles to our lodge, Pourvoirie du Cap au Lester. I realized that the road would be as hilly as the previous day and I was correct. Nancy warned us that there would be three significant climbs, the first one was properly named "the wall". When I approached, I geared down to my granny and pedaled the mile and a quarter until the next plateau. By now I believe my quads are stronger as the steep hills seemed easier to tackle. My trainer Alan would be pleased!

I spotted the sign for the lodge from the main road, looked to the right, and could not believe my eyes - a gravel, dirt road with steep up and down hills. The road was absolutely impossible to ride with a road bike and I started walking until I met up with other riders that were ahead of me.  I calculated that the 6.7 kilometers would take two hours to walk. Fortunately, half way we hitched a ride in a truck to the lodge.  Everyone decided we'd never leave tomorrow if we did not have a ride out to the main road.

No comments:

Post a Comment