Thursday, July 8, 2010

From Stanford to Harlowton, Montana, on my Birthday

What a wonderful surprise to have Happy Birthday sung to me and Sharon. Early on in the trip I found out that Sharon shared my birth date. I reached my 65th birthday on a bike trip across the country, my dream come true.

The day started with photographing the sunrise and ended in Harlowton with memories I will never forget. What fun gifts from Nancy and the church members - a puzzle from the Judith Gap Mercantile store, a magnet outlined with the state of Montana, and a birthday card with good wishes from my new "cycling family". Dessert was a cake the church members created with flavors of ice cream that I could eat. Most desserts the entire trip have been chocolate, which has lots of caffeine. This is a no no for me. I prefer sleep to chocolate and extra calories.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    Gene and Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan---

    Now that I know how to do this...I've sent you several comments---telling you how much I enjoyed your photographs...they are great! I can see a photo album in your future!
    Be well---
    Gene

    ReplyDelete