Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Patriotism along the Road

On the road I spotted this flag sculpture, which stirred my inner patriotism for our country. Eureka is only 3 miles from the Canadian Rockies and we could see the Rockies from our bike.

The only scenic part of the ride was cycling above Lake Dickey. Our day was frightening for a biker - narrow shoulders, awfully cut up roads with ruts, RVs, logging trucks - all going 70-80 MPH on this secondary road into Whitefish. I created a new type of stop for me - a stress stop. This stop enabled me to relax and go on.

Whitefish is a western town that is booming with new store fronts, theaters, bike shops and anything you could need or want. The town does close early except for the bars. I was disappointed that the huckelberry ice cream store was not open on our stroll through town.









No comments:

Post a Comment