Thursday, August 7, 2014

August 7 - Donations to Parkinson's Disease



I want to thank my friends and family for continuously supporting me in my effort each year "to make a difference." Contributions of over $4000 to the Parkinson's Foundation of Greater Washington this year will help fight this awful disease that others like my brother Michael fight every day.

Today I received another donation and was deeply touched. My friend thanked ME for all I do for this very important foundation.  It is I who should be thanking you for helping me make my dreams come true.

I don't know where I will travel on my bicycle next year but welcome another challenge in 2015 when I reach the age of 70.  When I was younger, I visualized anyone who reached this age as gray haired, wrinkled and perhaps wheelchair bound.  Now I know it's a bicycle that will keep me forever young.

1 comment:

  1. Lee Gordon (Capraro)August 13, 2014 at 8:38 AM

    You go, girl! Age is a number only. Keep pumping.

    ReplyDelete