Friday, May 21, 2010

Introducing Ziva

On my upcoming cross country ride you will find many photos of Ziva Schuchman, my biking partner and long time friend. Twelve years ago, she cheered for me as I completed my first charity ride for AIDS, 450 miles from Raleigh, NC, to Washington, DC. She was determined to join me the following year on this ride. The only catch was that I had to teach her how to ride a bike! She was a very fast learner and today is a much stronger hill climber than I.

When Ziva's brother died of acute leukemia ten years ago, we started cycling together to help mend the pain of his death and to raise funds to find a cure so others would not have to experience such a loss. Both of us want to thank all of you for your many donations over the last ten years.

1 comment:

  1. Go Susan! am really excited for you guys. And of course jealous. It will be wonderful fun and such an adventure. K

    ReplyDelete